Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Make it count

Good morning sweet friends!

The vacation is soon coming to an end and we are going home on saturday. I really don`t look forward to a twelve hour drive with a little one that absolutely doesn`t like to be tied up in the back of a car. I am really afraid that this trip is going to be much longer than twelve hours this time....

Before we left for our holiday i stressed with finishing all the cards for the different DTs i`m on. I couldn`t leave my laptop at home so i have it with me to be able to write my posts, lol. But i have promised my hubby that i would leave my computer alone most of the time, lol. So i have not done so much bloghopping as i usually do, lol.

Well...enough boring chit-chat, lol. Let`s get down to buisness. This week is the Dynamite Digi Team`s turn to host the challenge over at Crafts and Me. And it is our fabulous Rose that has set the challenge. It`s her first time, as a member of our DT and i think she has done a fantastic job. Well done, hunny!! The challenge this time is MAKE IT COUNT. You have to put a number somewhere on your creation. It can be anything with numbers on it. (Paper, chippies, sentiments and so on...what ever you feel like)


Our fabulous sponsor this week is:
MEMORY BOX


These are the gorgeous dies you can win:





I have a niese that turns 14 in a couple of months so i made this card for her. The image i used is called Porchini and is one of the brand new digis from one of my fav artists...Sara Burrier. I only used a partial image. I cut off her legs...lol, oh i`m so bad, hahaha....to show off her beautiful face better. I also coloured in a bright yellow background to surround her. I just love how it turned out.


I have actually managed to empty my Vanilla coloured ProMarker so i had to come up with an other colour combo for the skin. I visited one of my fav colouring artists, Debbi aka Wiccababe to get some inspiration. She is a designer for the Letraset company, which manufactures the ProMarkers. And she knows what there is to know about ProMarkers. Debbi has used the skin tones of Coral, Sunkissed pink and blush. I have just added the Tan for the shades. I was afraid that the skin might look too pink but it doesn`t look too bad. I obviously need to practise some more with this colour combo though, hahaha. Thanks for the inspiration, Debbi!


The colours i have used for the image are these:

Skin:
Coral, Sunkissed pink, Blush, Tan

Dress:
True blue, Powder blue, Arctic blue

Hair:
Caramel, Sandstone, Buttercup

Wings:
Pastel green, Blue pearl, Blossom

Background:
Pumpkin, Gold, Sunflower, Yellow




The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and Mulberry Crafts. The metal corner embellies are also from WOC. The doily die in the back and the Decorative elegance die from Marianne Design is currently out of stock but will soon be available in the Crafts and Me store, right here and here.

Challenges i`m entering:

Flutterby Wednesday - challenge #166 Open
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Happy Birthday
Sweet stamps - Challenge #27 Bling it up
Tuesday Throwdown - Challenge #61 Birthday
Make it Monday - Challenge #49 Anything goes
Quirky Crafts - Challenge #16 Numbers

This post got a bit long but i hope you have beared with me, lol. Don`t forget to enter our challenge over at Crafts and Me, so hop on over! Have a great day everyone!





10 comments:

Lau W said...

Wow i think that your card is a beauty, so vibrant color with the yellow wow, and sweet too with the image, oh love your card !
xxx

Bodil said...

Så nydelig kort. Flotte farger du har brukt og mange flotte detaljer.
klem :)

Kim Dellow said...

Stunning work. Kim

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie hope you are having a wonderful time. This is gorgeous I so love the image. Colours are really pretty.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Spyder said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the colouring is just perfect, Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts number challenge. Don't forget to call back this Friday/Saturday to vote for your favourite.
(Lyn)

Maggie Lamarre said...

this is stunning.
I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card gorgeous colours

Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
Lisa
Don't forget -if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Chrissy said...

So very pretty, her wings and hair are gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is beautiful - you have coloured her beautifully (even if you did chop off her legs !!!) and I adore the glittered numbers x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Hank Hendricks said...

Stunning card. Great design. I want to try to design like this for the Plastic cards, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails